Tuesday, December 4

sick

Well, I finally got over the stomach bug and was healthy for all of about five days before catching the flu. Have been mostly taking it easy ever since except yesterday my stubborn side insisted on not postponing dinner plans I'd made. Last night was the first night of Chanucka and I had invited my new "family" for dinner. There were nine of us in total and I spent five hours straight cooking. I made latkes and meatballs and ratatouille. Food mostly came out okay - meatballs weren't as good as they usually are - but I was pleased considering I have minimal ingredients and spices to work with. The whole experience was a little exhausting though and I was fairly dazed through dinner and then had to clean up before crashing into my bed. Apparently standing over a hot stove all day with a fever isn't fun. It was well worth the effort though to get everybody together and have a nice holiday dinner.

Camping, attempt #2, starts on Friday. fingers crossed.

my new zero tolerance policy for mozzies was going really well for a few days but has since collapsed completely. I just can't seem to keep the damn things off me. apparently I need to eat more garlic. Will keep trying though I can't imagine camping is going to help the situation much.

can't think of other news at the moment. I do have more photos to post (a good one of my campus monkeys!!) but haven't had a chance to do it... hopefully early next week I can put them up with camping photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are waiting to hear that you are feeling better for a change!! In addition to the monkeys picture, may we have one of yours too, just so that we can recognize you when we finally meet you in Israel??
I hope you keep lighting the candles in the camping site, love, mom