Monday, November 26

update

Okay, enough not-so-subtle hints. I am updating. I was supposed to go camping this weekend so was waiting to update after that with exciting camping stories and photos but the trip has been delayed for now so that will have to wait for another entry. Not a whole lot to say in meanwhile really. Things here are settled into their own little rhythm. I have not been doing much new exploring recently though I really need to get back on track with that. Amazing how laziness sets in. Mostly just been working during the week and hanging out with friends on the weekend. Must make more progress on the swahili front as well... have been slacking badly.

I have to admit, in the last week or so I have taken some serious losses in the war against mosquito bites. I have at least ten million bites on each foot and thousands more spread elsewhere. I got a bite near my knee while wearing full length jeans! How does that even happen? Between that and a few days with a minor stomach bug, things were looking pretty miserable for a while. But I am regrouping and getting ready for round 27 and hoping the 26-0 record will start to turn around because I can't handle the itchiness any more! I'm considering creating a full body mosquito net outfit that will just go permanently over my regular clothing. The search for 100% DEET begins...

4 comments:

-p. said...

Avon Skin So Soft. I'm serious - if it's good enough to kick the asses of Northern Ontario mosquitoes in May, it'll take care of you.

Paul.

Admin said...

If you need help patenting that full body mosquito net thing, I know a guy. Who knows? It could become the latest fashion in mosquito land.

Anonymous said...

we could use the net idea when we go to Costa Rica, apparently..
Good to see you have kept your sense of humor!

Caro said...

Hey Nicole! The blog is looking good! Laziness abroad (slow to explore, slow to learn the language, slow to be productive...) seems to have caught up with you! Shake yourself out of it! You're not there for *that* long!!! I'm glad to see you're making friends and having a good time. Keep up the photos of the nice beaches so that I can continue daydreaming...